Welcome! On this page is a wealth of information to help you in your quest to obtain a student missionary assignment. Questions? Contact us: email@example.com
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Sept. 1, 2017 — Christmas & Spring Semester List Released on website
- Sept. 29, 2017 — Application Deadline for Christmas & Spring Semester
- Oct. 7, 2017 — Christmas & Spring Semester Discovery Day
- Oct. 12, 2017 — Summer, Impact & Fall List Released on website
- Feb. 6, 2018 — Application Deadline for Summer, Impact & Fall Semester
- Feb. 16-18, 2018 — Discovery Weekend for Summer, Impact & Fall Semester
- Mar. 23, 2018 — Fall Campus Missionary Intern Application Deadline
- April 13-15 2018 — Fall Campus Missionary Intern Interviews
- May 18-20, 2018 — Go Now Orientation
- May 20, 2018 — Commissioning Service
Student Missionary Qualifications
- Committed and maturing Christian
- Active in BSM and a Baptist church, -or- active in BSM and an evangelical church
- Participating in ministry and/or leadership in BSM or local church
- Willing to participate in personal evangelism
- Completed a minimum of one semester of college following high school graduation
- Attending/enrolled in university or seminary in Texas, -or- graduated in the last 6 months, -or- student attending school out of state whose home church is a Baptist church in Texas
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 2.25
- Must be between 18 and 27 years of age on May 1 for summer missions or on December 10 for Christmas Missions
- Committed to raising the amount of money for the position to which you are appointed
- Meet special requirements for specific projects (these are included in the listed descriptions)
- Give us your information by filling out our pre-application form.
- Complete the online application through the International Mission Board website. Make sure to select Go Now Missions as the Organization you are applying to on the application.
- Submit 4 personal references (included in the application)
- Submit your most recent unofficial college transcript via email, mail, or fax. If you are in your first semester of college and do not have a transcript, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
- Interview with your BSM or local Baptist church.
- If applying for Campus Missionary Intern, apply by clicking here. Your process is different than other students. Please follow the instructions on this separate site and bookmark this other page so you can come back to it for future reference.
- After completing the above steps, your application file will be reviewed and, if approved, you will be invited to Discovery Day for Christmas & Spring or Discovery Weekend for Summer, Impact & Fall.
How to Get a Passport
If you plan to travel outside of the United States -- including to Canada and Mexico -- you need a U.S. Passport. Here is how to obtain a U.S. Passport:
- Complete the Passport application form. You may complete the online form by clicking here or download and print the application here.
- Present proof of U.S. citizenship. This is usually a certified birth certificate from the city, county, or state of your birth.
- Present proof of your identity. This is usually a current, valid driver's license.
- Provide 2 passport photos.
- Pay the applicable fee.
- Apply in person at a local passport acceptance facility. Click here for a list of passport acceptance facilities.
After You have Completed Your Application
- Continue seeking God's guidance through prayer and personal Bible study. Prepare your heart to serve. Get involved in ministry on your campus and in your community.
- A few weeks after Discovery Weekend/Discovery Day, you will receive an email from Go Now Missions with your mission appointment. Prayerfully consider your appointment before accepting or declining the invitation to serve.
- Begin raising your financial support. Even though you don’t know where you will be serving, you can start saving toward going. Consider what you will give personally toward your fundraising. Begin to tell family and friends of your plans. Host a fundraising event.
- Once you accept your appointment, the Go Now Missions office will be in regular communication with you regarding your assignment. You will participate in weekly preparations between Discovery Weekend and Orientations. You will attend Orientation before departing for the mission field.